Nevada will be holding its second statewide Computer Science Education Summit on February 8-9, 2020 in Reno, NV. TIMES: Saturday 2/8 /20 from 9:00am - 5:00pm and Sunday 2/9/20 from 9:00am - 1:00pm.
This Summit is open to ALL K-12 Administrators, Counselors, Educators who are implementing the Nevada Academic Content Standards for Computer Science and Integrated Technology in all grade levels, and NSHE teams responsible for pre-service teacher prep programs.
- up-to-date policy information for administrators and counselors,
- administrator guidance on implementing current and upcoming laws,
- classroom tools, resources, demonstrations, and support for educators,
- specific planning time for NSHE teams who develop pre-service teacher programs, and
- grant information for districts, charters, and higher education
- PLUS - networking opportunities with your colleagues across the state
Professional Development Hours: This Summit qualifies for state license renewal. Each attendee will receive a signed and dated certificate showing the total hours (12) at the END of the Summit. Please visit the information desk on your way out at the end to collect your certificate. This may be uploaded to OPAL (the state's online licensing portal) and presented to your district/administrator for proof of attendance and for whatever particular use your district has in place for professional development credit (e.g. CU's).